Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Unexpected

I am someone who dreamed and planned from the time I was a little girl. I had expectations for my future. Some of my dreams and plans have yet to come true. Others were achieved but something was still missing. 

And this is where my unexpected life began. After finishing my chemical engineering degree and working in industry for a few years, I was led to follow my passion for overseas missions. It started with the World Race - working alongside local missionaries in 11 countries for 11 months. Now I am pursuing long term missions in Romania because my heart is with the people there. 

I could not have expected this. I could not have imagined this. But this is the life God has given me and so I will continue to move forward, one step at a time, even when I am not sure what is ahead.

Whether life takes us on grand adventures or we find ourselves working everyday jobs, we all experience the unexpected sooner or later. Sometimes the unexpected is better than anything we could have planned. Other times the unexpected hurts. 

If I have learned anything, it is to let go of expectations and trust God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment